Sunday, June 27, 2010

Blueberry (Lime) Muffins

     My son Noah LOVES muffins. He asks for them every morning! Although I do not cave into making muffins everyday I love knowing I can give him something that is without sugar and something that will start his morning off great and healthfully.

I make these muffins in large batches so I can freeze half to thaw for later to save time. You can modify how you chose to need to meet your families needs.

This recipe is a normal batch size but this recipe can be doubled or tripled if you would like to freeze more for family later.

1 1/4 c Pamela's Baking Mix
1/4 c Almond Milk
2 tbl water
3 drops doTERRA Lime Essential Oil-You can use lime or lemon juice, If you do.. sub water for juice
1/4 c Agave or Honey
1 lg egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp nutmeg or cinnamon

Mix all ingredients together in kitchen aid mixer or mixing bowl. Batter will be thick.
Use muffins liners or for an additional healthful options rub coconut oil in muffin tins to prevent sticking.

Top with Chia seeds and Flax seeds. Top each muffin with a few blueberries. You can use organic frozen or fresh depending on the season.

Spoon batter into muffin evenly to yield six muffins or around a dozen mini muffins.

Bake at 375* F for 18 minutes. Or 8 minutes if making mini.


Enjoy at ease! I love letting my little guy top the muffins with the berries, having your little ones help make yummy recipes will make them want to eat!



No comments:

Post a Comment